Monday, March 26, 2012

Summer Fever



Last week I didn't get much quilting done... I didn't get much of anything done, for that matter. We had a bit of Indian Summer in March, up here in Portland, Maine, so everyone went a little wacky and forgot all about their responsibilities. Things like finishing quilts, making dinner, cooking in general, all just fell by the wayside.



I went for a little walk at a place called Perkins Cove. PC is well known to myself and my family, we used to go there all the time when we were little. There is a great little candy store there, which was unfortunately closed, but brings back loads of childhood memories just by walking by.


There's also this lovely walk called the Marginal Way that winds through the woods and along the ocean. Divine. As we were walking, we came along a house under construction. They were building this really cool dome as part of the house.

I hope the owners don't mind, but I took some pics to show the architect when he designs my future beach house (haha). I'll have to go back to this house and see the progress. I like the lack of equality in it, all three parts are different shapes.

Plus, it didn't hurt to have that cute guy sitting up there!

This week we're back to March-in-Maine weather, so I better get some quilting done! I'm already behind!!

Hopefully summer gets here soon... I'm ready for the beach!

No comments:

Post a Comment