Monday, January 2, 2012

My Pride and Joy


For many years I've been wanting an Advent Calendar of epic proportions. Last year I came up with the idea of having a wooden one in the shape of a tree. I wanted it to have little drawers and it had to be cute. I found one on Amazon but it was out of stock and also too expensive. So I had one commissioned. That's just how I roll.

This is how it arrived to me:

I had to get started by painting all the drawers.


I wanted the knobs to look like little ornaments, in all different colors, so my good friend Joel helped me paint the knobs. (Thanks, Joel!) Once all the ornaments/knobs got screwed on, I painted all the numbers on to the drawers.

When it all got put together, it looked like this:


The final step was to give the tree a glossy shine. 'Cause everybody loves a glossy shine. And stage it for a stylized photo. Fancy.


This advent tree is one of my favorite things that I have ever crafted. It was a lot of work to make, but I loved doing it and seeing the fruits of my labor. And in the end, I gave it away as a gift... I hope the recipient loves it as much as I do!!

No comments:

Post a Comment