Monday, January 20, 2014

We Want Bao Bao!!!


Unfortunately, Bao Bao will have to wait a few more days until she gets to meet me.  She was just debuted on Friday (something like a Sip-n-See party, I think), and today was a holiday, so there were 9 bazillion people at the zoo, so the wait was at least two hours long.  I bailed.  I guess some would say I'm not a true panda fan, but that wouldn't be true.  I just understand that there are not very many sunny 50 degree weather days in January around here, and I didn't want to spend it waiting in line.  Bao Bao is a popular little panda, so I'm sure she won't mind waiting.

I did get to see the daddy pandas:


Ok, I totally made that up, I don't know who the daddy is. 

The zoo wasn't a total loss, though.  The orangutans (is that really how it's spelled?)  have this awesome O-line, which is just cables that are strung across this part of the zoo with towers spread out all along, and they can rope along.  I doubt they do it all day, but this little guy put on a show.  



 


This guy will never be my ruler, but he'll let me be queen bee.


I'll be back for you, Bao Bao.  Until then, I'm just gonna nerd out with the panda-cam.


2 comments: