Monday, December 30, 2013

Capitoling

I moved! I've been in DC for two months, I've had two sets of visitors (not including my aunt who helped me move down here...), and I haven't done nearly as much as I originally intended.  There are three new lists on the sides of the blog.  The left side is the list of things that I WANT to do while living here.  I'm going to constantly update it.  The right side list is a list of restaurants/bakeries/eateries that I want to eat at.  The list below that is a list of food places that I tried and want to go back to.

I'm now accepting visitors and reservations for visitors.  Come see my pretty apartment, right by Eastern Market and the Capitol Building, House side.  Take a look at the lists and let me know where we're going!


Moving in November is a crummy time to move.  It was too cold to do much exploring right off the bat.  I'm hoping to take one day each week to go and see a new museum.  So far I've been to two: 
 - Freer Gallery of Art/Sackler Gallery
 - Newseum

The Freer Gallery was okay.  It was small, it's one of the Smithsonians.  The Sackler Gallery is part of it, and it's below ground.  The two "Galleries" focus on Asian Art. 

This is the garden at the Sackler Gallery, which has a view of the Smithsonian Castle. 



1 comment:

  1. I am going to have to email you the places I would like to see when I visit so I won't lose out with the no repeat rule!!!

    ReplyDelete