Sunday, November 4, 2012

Monthly Give - November


Note:  This has nothing to do with butter, baking or crafts.  I'm branching out.

I've been seeing a lot of people on FB posting things that they're thankful for during the month of November. I like this idea, and it made me think about something that I used to do when I was living in Boston.  A friend of mine would organize a "monthly give", where every month she would choose a charity/organization/idea and her friends could come together and donate.  

This is my version.  I'm challenging all of my friends to participate with me.  November's monthly give will be donating dry goods or grocery gift cards to a food bank.  Since we all live in different areas, I'll list a couple food banks in different cities.  If you live in Maine, you can give me your donations and I will drop them all off before the end of the month.  (If I get a lot before Thanksgiving, I will make two drop-offs.)  Of course, if you want to make your own drop-off, feel free :)

I realize that it's hard to donate now, but even if it's just one or two boxes of food, every bit helps!  And, feel free to pass this on and challenge your own friends.  Let's start a movement. 

Here's a list of food banks:

Portland/Maine:
Good Shepherd Food-Bank

Boston:
Greater Boston Food-Bank

Or, Find a Food Bank in your Area

No comments:

Post a Comment