Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Makin' Plans, Makin' Paper


I'm starting my third quilt this week. At this rate, I'll do one quilt a month (that's the goal, anyways). I hope all my loved ones like quilts! I haven't posted the 2nd one yet because it's for my mom - don't worry, she already knows about it, just hasn't seen it - and I won't get to give it to her until Thursday. But don't worry, it's awesome!! I can't wait to share...

In the meantime, I made my first quilt pattern this morning. I got the inspiration from this website, but they didn't have measurements, and the picture was a baby quilt, which is not what I'm making. So here's my pattern:

I'm pretty sure you can click on the image to make it bigger. This size is for a lap quilt. If you're going to use it, don't forget to add a quarter inch to each side for your seams! This quilt would be nice with fabrics with big patterns, so that you can see the whole pattern.

I also found this link, which I find to be very helpful. I has references for different quilt sizes, and how much fabric you would get/need for various sized quilts/squares. Very useful.

Alright, time to get cutting!


No comments:

Post a Comment